KWOA Outstanding Service Forester Award 2018
Kentucky Division of Forestry regional service foresters are stationed in five regions across Kentucky. These service foresters are the first line of support for Kentucky woodland owners who have a desire and need to manage their woodlands. 160,000+ woodland owners have 10 acres or more located throughout the state. The service forester’s workload is demanding and important to woodland owners.
Kentucky Woodland Owners Association will recognize a KDF Service Forester for his/her outstanding achievements. Nominations may be made by any KWOA member and are due no later than February 1st of each year.
KDF will review the top three applications for accuracy and notify the KWOA awards committee for the selection. This recognition will not automatically be awarded each year if applicants do not meet KWOA selection standards.
The winning recipient and a guest will be invited to the KWOA annual meeting where the recognition and a plaque will be presented. Previous award recipients are Steve Gray (2011), Kevin Galloway (2012), Robert Bean (2013), Michael Froelich (2014), Lisa Armstrong (2015), and Bill Knott (2016) and Josh Frazier (2017).
Please take a look at the application guidelines and consider nominating your service forester for the 2018 award!
Application for KWOA 2018 Program Achievement Award for Service Foresters
Entries are due by February 1, 2018.
Purpose: To recognize outstanding accomplishments of Service Foresters employed with the Kentucky Division of Forestry. The applicant should have not received this award for the past three years. Nominations may be submitted by any KWOA Member.
Suggested format and guidelines for nominations:
- Entries may be typed or handwritten. Limit the award entry to 2 pages, one side only, plus 1-2 pages, one side only, of supportive information, i.e., letter(s) of support, news articles, pictures, etc. Additional pages beyond this description will not be considered. The nomination may be submitted in an electronic form if desired.
- Consideration for the service award will be the demonstrated overall professionalism, the volume of work, the relationship with the woodland owner, the responsiveness to request and the sustained excellence over a period of time.
- Include in the application:
Full name, current address and title plus email address of nominee
Name, contact information of the one preparing the nomination
- Other considerations, if available. Work history, achievements that particularly relate to success in working with Kentucky Woodland Owners: who benefited and what were the impacts. Additional contributions made to forestry including work on committees, task forces, and leadership positions.
- Summary Statements of Support: Concise, well-written, easy-to-read narrative summary statement (50-75 words).
- TIME PERIOD:
Entries are due by February 1, 2018. Although forestry programs require more than one year completing, the major accomplishments being considered should have been realized during the past three years.
- Submit applications by February 1 to Karen Marshall, KWOA editor: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail hardcopy to KWOA at PO Box 694, Maysville KY 41056.