The Census of Ag mailouts take place over the next few weeks:
* Electronic Data Reporting Push Letter: Nov. 27 to ~1 million farmers
* First mailing of Census form: Dec. 5 to ~420,000 farmers
* Second mailing of Census form: Dec. 12 to ~590,000 farmers
* Third mailing of Census form: Dec. 19 to ~950,000 farmers
The first mailout is a letter with information for recipients to respond online. Subsequent mailouts are paper copies of the Census of Agriculture, though farmers are always encouraged to respond online. It’s a time-saver for everyone, because the improved online survey is user-friendly, calculates totals automatically, and skips questions not applicable to your operation.
Data from the Census help:
* Shape programs and initiatives that benefit young and beginning farmers;
* Expand access to resources that help women, veteran and minority farmers;
* And help farmers diversify into new markets, including local and regional food systems, specialty crops and organic production.
If you have any questions about the Census of Agriculture or any NASS surveys and data, please call our office in Louisville, (800) 928-5277. Thank you for your time and partnership.
David Knopf | Regional Director
USDA, National Agricultural Statistics Service
Eastern Mountain Regional Field Office
T: 502-907-3218 | F: 855-270-2708