We are looking for nominations from KWOA Members for your Outstanding KDF Service Forester
Kentucky Woodland Owners Association will recognize a KDF Service Forester for his/her outstanding achievements. Nominations may be made by any KWOA member and are due no later than February 15, 2020.
To recognize outstanding accomplishments of KDF Service Foresters employed with the Kentucky Division of Forestry. The applicant should have not received this award for the past three years. Nominations may be submitted by any KWOA Member.
Suggested format and guidelines for nominations:
- Entries may be typed or handwritten. Limit the award entry to 2 pages, one side only, plus 1-2 pages, one side only, of supportive information, i.e., letter(s) of support, news articles, pictures, etc. Additional pages beyond this description will not be considered. The nomination may be submitted in an electronically word file prepared format if desired.
- Consideration for the service award will be the demonstrated overall professionalism, the volume of work, the relationship with the woodland owner, the responsiveness to request and the sustained excellence over a period of time.
Include in the application:
• Full name, current address and title plus email address of nominee
• Name, contact information of the one preparing the nomination
- Other considerations, if available. Work history, achievements that particularly relate to success
in working with Kentucky Woodland Owners: who benefited and what were the impacts. Additional contributions made to forestry including work on committees, task forces, and leadership positions.
- Summary Statements of Support: Concise, well-written, easy-to-read narrative summary statement (50-75 words).
- TIME PERIOD: Entries are due by February 15, 2020. Although forestry programs require more than one year completing, the major accomplishments being considered should have been realized during the past three years.
- Submit applications by February 15 to Karen Marshall, KWOA editor: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail hardcopy to KWOA at PO 1201 – Frankfort, KY 40602.
Kentucky Division of Forestry Service Foresters are the first line of support for Kentucky woodland owners who have a desire and need to manage their woodlands. 160,000+ woodland owners have 10 acres or more located throughout the state. The service forester’s workload is demanding and important to woodland owners.
KDF will review the top three applications for accuracy and notify the KWOA awards committee for the selection. This recognition will not automatically be awarded each year if applicants do not meet KWOA selection standards.
The winning recipient and a guest will be invited to the KWOA annual meeting where the recognition and a plaque will be presented.